update 3 : are we forgiving plagiarism?
update 1 : plagiarism apology as can of worms
i sent the following two links to my brother butch after a conversation re editors & authors. he doesn’t know krip personally but has heard me speak of him and he has seen krip’s books in bookstores and has even read an essay or two, i think.
I read the Yuson blogs.
It’s a whole different world.
And his response, an amusing attempt at damage control.
Like he consulted a boardroom of colleagues and friends for advice and used everything that was tossed on his plate.
(1) I was pressed for time
(2) I wasn’t thinking right.
(3) I feel like a heel.
(4) I will just have to bear the blows.
(5) Thank you for reminding me of my responsibilities.
(6) Maybe, I’ve gotten old and jaded.
(7) Maybe I’m overworked.
(8) [Again]. . . Maybe the deadline pressure got to me [same as (1)]
(9) [I think there was also this] I think having edited it, I considered myself a co-author.
How about. . .
(10) I didn’t think I would get caught.
(11) Maybe, I was caught in a black hole of some extended reality.
All in all, a sorry ass attempt at damage control.